WHO WE ARE
The company was established in 1989 in Athens, Greece, and our products include test books, vocabulary, grammar, coursebooks and supplementary materials of the University of Michigan ECCE and ECPE examinations, as well as materials for the Michigan State University (MSU B2 – CELC and C2 – CELP), the NOCN Examinations, the ESB (Level B2), the PTE General (Level B2), the Cambridge University CPE examinations, TOEFL and TOEIC.
Sylvia Kar Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Toronto and McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Master of Education from the University of Michigan.
- Teaching Certification from the University of Michigan.
- Teacher of English since 1977 at the Hellenic American Union and at Deree College.
- Teacher trainer for various organizations among these being the Hellenic Ministry of Education.
- Examiner for all the American examinations (University of Michigan ECCE,ECPE,TOEFL and the Medical USMLE) which supplied valuable experience with regards to testing and the needs of the candidates.
Thanks to my fellow teachers and my many thousands of students since 1977, I have been able to write and publish 30 books since I started my writing career in 1989. Knowing what works in the classroom is of prime importance. I strongly believe that one cannot write books unless one is in the classroom because the needs of our students are constantly changing. I believe that I have a commitment to English language teaching, to the students who use my books and to the teachers who choose my books over someone else’s. To that end, I feel it is my duty to write my books alone since it is my name which goes on each cover. I do not use ghost writers or teams of writers. What I do use, is various schools, students and teachers all over Greece to pilot my work. For this reason I take pride and care in what I do and hope that my efforts meet all your demands and expectations.